WGBH Education seeks a senior, highly experienced manager to serve as Director of STEM Curriculum & Instruction. This position will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, development, review and evaluation of WGBH Education’s STEM activities, including PBS LearningMedia’s PreK-12 STEM resources. Reporting to the Director of Digital Learning and working closely with the Executive Director of Education, Director of STEM Education, and other senior leaders of WGBH Education.
the Director will:
- Play a key role in developing and advancing WGBH Education’s PreK-12 STEM Content Strategy for PBS LearningMedia;
- Serve as STEM curriculum thought partner for other WGBH Education initiatives
- Lead the strategy and development of instructional models and professional development programming that supports the integration of digital media for STEM instruction and learning
- Assure WGBH Education’s STEM resources meet the needs of diverse, PreK-12 students and their teachers.
- Inform, and integrate, research and evaluation findings from WGBH’s NASA project (and similar internal and external projects) into instructional model development and PD programming that is aligned with current best-practices in STEM Education
- Develop innovative strategies for the integration of original, and emerging formats, media (e.g., NASA and other project-funded) and WGBH broadcast and web-based program brands into innovative digital learning resources for teachers and students
- Provide curriculum writers a structured framework by which to understand STEM digital learning content needs and instructional models
- Work closely with producers, curriculum writers, subject matter experts, game developers and engineers, instructional design, project managers and staff from other departments
- As appropriate, manage development costs to budget
- Correlate educational materials to national and state curriculum standards.
- Edit, (track, when appropriate), and review manuscript and digital products through development cycle.
- Communicate with fellow team members about project progress, and develop solutions to address challenges that arise.
- Contribute to WGBH Education Development efforts and manage selected projects as appropriate.
- Participate in dissemination and communication to partner and stakeholder audiences.
- Contribute to new project development, helping other department senior team members with conceptualization, grant-writing, and other development activities, as assigned.
The Director of STEM Curriculum & Instruction must be results-oriented with an eye on the big picture but attending to detail. S/he must also be able to manage multiple activities and functional groups, both internal and external to WGBH, to deliver on time and on budget with the highest level of quality.
Click here for more details. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O_sR2KWC0yB4_7NZlOzT9hWI_xumdTtR